Time: 12 hours
Level: Intermediate to advanced (Experience with double pointed needles and machine sewing is helpful.)
The classic details and traditional construction of the Norwegian Fana Cardigan sweaters will be taught in this two-day workshop through the knitting of a small sweater. Techniques to be learned include circularly knitted body and sleeves, square and drop shoulder armholes, cut-and-sew armholes and front, knitted self -facings, buttonbands, and 2-color star, band, and checkerboard patterns. Designing one’s own Fana cardigan will be discussed.
- Two highly contrasting colors (such as navy and white) worsted weight yarn, 3 ozs each.
- One 16″ circular needle each, US sizes 4 and 7 (3.5 mm and 4.5 mm) or 5 and 8 (3.75 mm and 5.0 mm)
- One set dp needles each, US sizes 4 and 7 (3.5 mm and 4.5 mm) or 5 and 8 (3.75 mm and 5.0 mm).
- Tapestry needle, scissors, scraps of brightly colored yarn
- Optional: St holders, st markers, thread, sewing needle, sewing pins, 5 buttons (3/8″ – 1/2″), and magnetic board or sticky notes to keep your place on the chart.